Stretto is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Engineer to join our team in Irvine, CA to participate in technical research and development in order to enable continuing innovation within our technology hardware infrastructure.
This role will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures are defined and maintained. The Linux Systems Engineer will be responsible for effective design, provisioning, installation /configuration, operation, and maintenance of AWS Cloud services, Dell and Nimble systems hardware and CentOS and XenServer software and related infrastructure. This person has ownership over subsystem design, implementation and automation as well as network device ownership.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Participates in the design, analysis, selection, implementation and on-going maintenance of individual systems used to accomplish business goals. Includes Co-located and cloud servers, workstations, networking devices, and application specific appliances.
- Performs Operating System and application software installations, upgrades, and improvement projects on server and workstation infrastructure to meet business goals.
- Analyze system and user-generated support requests to find root causes. Independently plan and implement system changes to improve system performance, accuracy, and effectiveness.
- Monitor individual and enterprise-wide system performance. Independently initiate research and troubleshooting steps to address deficiencies or anomalies.
- Participates in on-call support activities to monitor the operational status of systems. Includes timely responses to operational alerts via text messages and/or emails
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for routine operations of systems under support contracts by outside firms. Includes telecommunications and selected network systems.
- Interact professionally with coworkers and clients
- Responsible for timely completion of project tasks as well as timely reporting of impediments and delays impeding progress goals
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Familiar with standard IT department concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience supporting high volume web sites preferred
- 1 year of Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and CentOS experience
- 1 year of AWS configuration, management, troubleshooting in a production environment
- Virtualization experience, XenServer preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Apache & Tomcat
- Knowledge of Puppet, F5, MySQL a plus
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume/ CV and a cover letter to email@example.com