The Senior Associate will be assigned to various case teams and will work alongside the Debtor(s), Debtor’s Counsel, Restructuring Advisors, and the Court to help administer large and complex Chapter 11 Corporate Restructuring cases. Senior Associates will take direction from Directors on their assigned case teams, but will also be expected to work proactively and anticipate case needs. Senior Associates will help execute and oversee the daily tasks and projects for each case as well as plan and prepare for upcoming case events and milestones. More specifically, they will be responsible for overseeing service to creditors, ensuring public websites are maintained and updated, overseeing the processing of filed claims and ballots, and coordinating and communicating with Debtor’s Counsel and Restructuring Advisors to handle any requests. Some travel may be required based on business needs, but should be less than 20% of the time.
- Interact with the client and professionals
- Manage and maintain large volumes of data in database
- Coordinate and oversee service to creditors including large-scale mailings
- Maintain court dockets and public websites for cases
- Work with client and professionals to prepare Schedules of Assets and Liabilities and Statement of Financial Affairs
- Review and reconcile data based on filed claims, ballots, and address updates
- Update filed claims to reflect any pleadings filed which modify claims, including, but not limited to, withdrawals of claim, objections to claims, and notices of transfer
- Solicit votes to accept or reject a Plan of Reorganization
- Handle creditor inquiries received via phone, email, or mail, related to basic case information/status, claims, solicitation, or distributions
- Other projects or tasks as required by the case
- Prioritize tasks and projects in order to meet deadlines and allocate resources as needed
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and at least two years related experience in corporate restructuring or related industry. JD, paralegal, or legal experience is also preferred.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a high-paced, multi-task environment with attention to detail
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to challenging deadlines, changing deliverables, and evolving task priorities
- Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.