Stretto is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing and innovative team in Irvine, California. In this position, you will handle accounting operations, verify financial records and transactions. In addition, you must have keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements, general ledger and reporting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Prepare accurate, timely third party invoices in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the Finance Department.
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Research complex accounting matters; analyze and address period operating results compared to prior period and budget.
- Coordinate annual audits and assist Controller with conducting audits.
- Serves as a backup for Payroll. Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Quality of Work
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement
- Data, Confidentiality and Security
Qualities, Skills and Traits Required:
- Superior Excel skills, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, external data links within spreadsheets, etc.
- Strong quantitative skills
- Experience with PowerPoint
- Ability to produce reports, analyze trends, develop findings, and provide insights
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task, ability to self-audit, willingness to work long hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with confidential / sensitive data
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact professionally with all levels of personnel
- Ability to think analytically and logically; innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 3+ years’ experience in general accounting
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume/ CV and a cover letter to email@example.com