The Public Relations Manager is primarily responsible for expanding Stretto’s brand position in the consumer-bankruptcy, corporate-restructuring and financial-technology industries while increasing the profile of the company’s key stakeholders through targeted promotional and publicity opportunities. Under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President of Marketing, this position develops and implements the company’s strategic, annual public relations plans across all of Stretto’s businesses.
In this important position, the Public Relations Manager is responsible for securing stakeholder interviews with broadcast media and article placements in industry trades and mainstream publications. This role is also responsible for managing Stretto’s corporate sponsorships across each of its business lines, including maintaining key point-of-contact relationships.
The Public Relations Manager will work closely not only with Marketing and Business Development colleagues, but also key company executives.
- Increase Stretto’s brand exposure, as well as the individual brands of key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement the company’s annual public relations plan.
- Pursue broadcast media opportunities for company executives.
- Develop and manage press contact relationships at relevant trade, business, financial technology, and legal publications.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to enhance the firm’s profile in key regions as well as nationwide.
- Oversee trade organization relationships and sponsorships.
- Secure and manage industry and mainstream speaking engagements.
- Develop effective relationships with internal stakeholders earning their trust and respect.
- Train and prepare stakeholders for media interviews and speaking engagements.
- Prepare reporter background summaries, and actively participate in reporter interviews with Stretto team members.
- Develop communication materials such as press releases, media pitches, topic abstracts, bylined articles, and white papers.
- Research and collaborate with executives to identify industry trends, legislation or litigation impacting the industry and other topics related to day-to-day client operations.
- Track, analyze and prepare reports on all PR campaigns, using the information to determine appropriate strategic direction.
- Provide quarterly public relations training.
- Advise senior leadership on crisis communication strategy.
- Assist company clients with possible communication requests or needs.
- Manage outside public relation agencies, as needed.
- Other duties to be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in Public Relations, Communications, or Marketing (preferred).
- At least seven to ten years of public relations and communications experience, preferably with experience in public relations inside an agency or B2B company.
- Possess advanced technical / legal research writing skills.
- Advanced project-management ability and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to expand on existing media relationships and proven ability to build new relationships.
- Strong initiative to persevere and see media efforts through to completion.
- Flexibility with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels.
- Superior communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to work.
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.