Join Stretto’s talented experts in developing best-in-class processes and robust technology – while having fun along the way! We cultivate a community with our clients and professional industry partners by sharing market insights, practical knowledge, and best practices so we can learn and grow together. For us, providing innovative solutions and exceptional service is the norm rather than the exception.
Stretto is seeking an Intake Specialist to join our growing and innovative team headquartered in Irvine, CA. This is a part-time position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
In this position, the Intake Specialist is responsible for scanning and typing information into our database from paper documents. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. Additionally, the Intake Specialist is critical in processing all inbound mail received at Stretto facilities.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners
- Type in data provided directly from clients
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Sort and organize inbound mail
- Proven experience as a data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch-typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and client service skills
- Great attention to detail
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Identifies priorities among multiple tasks/jobs
- Follows set procedures and policies no matter how repetitive
- Willingness to ask questions or ask for help if needed
- Always keeps cleanliness of environment and physical organization a priority
- Works with a sense of urgency at all times during both slow and busy workflow
- Contributes to qualities necessary to create and foster a team environment
- Creates a fun, professional, high-level working environment with others
- Active in trying to help solve problems and group engagement
- Able to accept responsibility for mistakes, process constructive feedback and participate in designing solutions to prevent re-occurrences
- Engages and supports a diverse workforce
This job operates in a production warehouse environment.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Meets all physical requirements of job efficiency, and an eye for detail and process
- Willing to actively participate in a hands-on active environment
- Can work in a production environment with consistent loud machine noises
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Hours: Will vary based on business needs, but predominantly a schedule that occurs between 10 AM and 9 PM Monday – Friday
- Able to deal with last minute hot jobs
Education and Experience
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2-year experience working in a mailroom or professional office environment.
- Some computer skills preferred.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume/ CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.