The Director will be responsible for managing case teams and will work alongside the Debtor(s), Debtor’s Counsel, Restructuring Advisors, and the Court to help administer large and complex Chapter 11 Corporate Restructuring cases. Directors will oversee the daily tasks and projects for each case as well as plan and prepare for upcoming case events and milestones. More specifically, they will be responsible for overseeing service to creditors, ensuring public websites are maintained and updated, overseeing the processing of filed claims and ballots, coordinating and communicating with Debtor’s Counsel and Restructuring Advisors to handle any requests, and anticipating future needs based on the case timeline and pleadings filed. Some travel may be required based on business needs, but should be less than 20% of the time.
- Manage relationship with clients and other restructuring professionals
- Anticipate client needs throughout the lifetime of an engagement and provide solutions to meet those needs
- Collect, manage, and maintain large volumes of data in database
- Coordinate and oversee service to creditors including large-scale mailings
- Coordinate internal resources for efficient and timely execution of projects
- Oversee maintenance of court dockets, case calendars, and general case information for public case websites
- Work with clients and professionals to prepare Schedules of Assets and Liabilities and Statement of Financial Affairs
- Review and reconcile data based on filed claims, ballots, and address updates
- Oversee updates to filed claims to reflect any pleadings filed which modify claims, including, but not limited to, withdrawals of claim, objections to claims, and notices of transfer
- Solicit votes to accept or reject a Plan of Reorganization
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate responses to creditor inquiries received via phone, email, or mail, related to basic case information/status, claims, solicitation, or distributions
- Manage projects or tasks as required by the case
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Prioritize tasks and projects in order to meet deadlines and allocate resources as needed
- Manage case team and measure performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Participate in ongoing efforts to enhance existing technology to increase efficiency and better client needs
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and at least ten years related experience in corporate restructuring or related industry. JD, paralegal, or legal experience is also preferred.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superb customer service skills, can build rapport with clients and other professionals
- Ability to consistently deliver high-quality work
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a high-paced, multi-task environment with attention to detail
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to challenging deadlines, changing deliverables, and evolving task priorities
- Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adept problem solver
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.