Stretto is seeking an Associate to join our team in Irvine, CA. In this role, the Associate will be assigned to various case teams and will work alongside the Debtor(s), Debtor’s Counsel, Restructuring Advisors, and the Court to help administer large and complex Chapter 11 Corporate Restructuring cases.
The Associate will take direction from Senior Associates and Directors on their assigned case teams and will assist with data processing and communication between the Debtor(s) and their creditors. More specifically, this individual will be responsible for coordinating service to creditors, managing and maintaining public websites in order to provide case information to creditors, oversee the processing of incoming documents including filed claims and ballots, and any other tasks or duties that may be required to help administer the case.
- Interact with clients and other restructuring professionals
- Anticipate client needs throughout the lifetime of an engagement and provide solutions to meet those needs
- Collect, manage, and maintain large volumes of records in a database
- Coordinate and oversee service of documents to creditors including large-scale mailings
- Maintain court dockets, case calendars, and general case information for case public websites
- Work with clients and professionals to prepare Schedules of Assets and Liabilities and Statement of Financial Affairs
- Review and analyze contracts in order to extract relevant data
- Examine and reconcile claim, ballot, and address data
- Review court filings and update claim information to reflect court approved modifications, including, but not limited to, withdrawals of claim, objections to claims, claim settlements, and notices of transfer
- Solicit votes to accept or reject a Plan of Reorganization and assist in vote tabulation
- Provide support to creditors by accurately responding to inquiries received via phone, email, chat, or mail, related to basic case information/status, claims, solicitation, or distributions
- Other projects or tasks as required by the case
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or alternatively, at least two years of related experience in corporate restructuring or related industry. JD, paralegal, or legal experience is also preferred.
- Great attention to detail and ability to consistently deliver high-quality work
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superb customer service skills, can build rapport with clients and other professionals.
- Self-starter who is proactive, but also able to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible and adaptive individual
- Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fast learner that can follow processes and procedures
- Adept problem solver
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Some travel may be required based on business needs, but should be less than 15% of the time.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume/ CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.