Stretto is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join our growing and innovative team in Dayton, OH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains confidential accounting department files and records.
- Enters information into accounting data entry system.
- Verifies and prepares checks for mailing.
- Researches problem invoices; interfaces with vendors, customer service team, and other appropriate staff to reconcile.
- Assists with month-end close and runs monthly reports as required.
- Prepares and posts deposits; balances deposits on bank statements.
- Prepares invoices, checks, timecards, and other records and reviews for accuracy.
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming telephone calls.
- Sorts and distributes internal and external mail.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and mailing.
- Assists with preparation of 1099s as needed.
- Assists with special accounting projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Three or more years of experience in accounting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft Office.
- Previous technology or professional-services company experience plus.
- Strongly demonstrates initiative and possesses superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Willingness to work hands-on to achieve objectives and consistently meet deadlines.
- Superior communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to work.
- High School diploma; Course work towards an accounting degree or bachelor’s degree preferred.
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.